Creamy Asparagus Green Peas Soup & Shiitake Bacon
Blended soups are delicious and so easy to make. The shiitake bacon makes it complete.
Servings: 4 portions
- 1 cup green peas, frozen or fresh
- 2 cups chopped green asparagus
- 1 cup cup finely chopped cauliflower
- 2 cubes vegetable stock or stock powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsp braggs aminos or tamari
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
Mix the ingredients for the marinade, add in the sliced mushrooms and let it sit for at least for 30 minutes.
Bake the mushroom in a preheated oven on 340F until golden and crispy. Keep an eye on it, don't let it burn.
Creamy Asparagus Peas Soup
Saute the chopped onion until soft in a few tbsp water. Add the garlic.
Add the water, stock powder or sea salt, onion powder and the vegetables, not the dill. Bring to a boil and cook until tender.
The easiest way with this is to use an immersion blender, less messy, or a regular blender. Add in the nutritional yeast, dill and lemon juice and blend until creamy. Taste and season if needed. Serve with the shiitake bacon on top.