Blended Green Soup with Spinach and Avocado
Easy, quick, anti-inflammatory and delicious.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 cup packed raw spinach
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp chia, hemp or flax seeds
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 small clove of garlic, optional
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 spring onions for garnish, sliced
- sea salt and black pepper to taste, I used about a 1/4 tsp of sea salt
Blend the water, greens, herbs, vegetable, seeds, lemon and avocado into a creamy consistency.
Serve cold or slightly warmed on the stove with a few more thin slices of avocado and sliced spring onion. You can also enjoy the avocado slices on a cracker or piece of toast alongside the soup.