Raw Lemon Vanilla Cupcakes
Raw desserts can be very delicious, often easy to make and decadently rich tasting like these Lemon Vanilla Cupcakes.
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 1 and 1/2 cup chopped and peeled apples, small cubes
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, not oil softened
- 6 Tbsp. brown rice syrup, maple syrup or another liquid sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder or essence
- pinch of pink salt
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked for 2 hours, rinsed
- 2 to 4 Tbsp. water or coconut water
- 2 to 4 Tbsp. lemon juice to taste, I like it quite lemony
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. liquid sweetener if choice or some stevia drops to taste
- some desiccated coconut and some yellow flowers like dandelion or violets for decorating
Add the ingredients for the base of the cupcakes to a food processor and pulse it until it makes a nice dough which sticks together between your fingers. Press the dough into 12 with plastic lined cupcake forms, flatten the top with a wet spoon.
Blend water and cashews until creamy. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse it shortly. Place it in the refrigerator to firm it up a bit, may be an hour, this will make it easier to handle.
After an hour of two the cupcakes can be removed from the molds and can be decorated with the lemon frosting. The frosting can be spread on the cupcakes with a knife or you can make them fancy by using a piping bag. Store in the fridge, these raw lemon vanilla cupcakes can also be frozen.