Blended Orange Fennel Soup
A delicious light soup, sweet, salty and spicy. Ready in just over5 minutes.
- 1 large juicy orange peeled
- 1 cup fennel bulb sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 small red pepper de-seeded to make it less hot, sliced thin
- 1 medium orange, organic if possible zest removed and sections removed as topping
- 1 tsp dulse flakes optional, adds saltiness and iodine
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic optional
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt optional, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Add all the ingredients except the orange section you made for the topping, the zest and a few slices of red pepper and blend it into a creamy soup.
Taste, add seasonings if needed. Let the soup marinate a bit for about 30 minutes to deepen those flavors. You can do this in the fridge to get a nice refreshing meal. Keep it in an airtight container for up to 2 days.