What a snack….these Walnut Hemp Protein Bars will keep you full and energized for a long time! They are chewy and yummy and also provide you with lots of plant based protein, healthy fats, omega 3’s and keep your blood sugar in check.
Recipe for 12 pieces of these walnut hemp protein bars,
- 1 cup hemp hearts, ground
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chia seeds, ground
- 2 El. spirulina powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder
- 1/8 tsp. Himalaya sea salt
- bee pollen, to roll the bars in, optional, not vegan, you can also use desiccated coconut or almond flour
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice, maple – or yacon syrup
Mix the dry ingredients. Same with the wet ingredients and fold both wet and dry together. Spread it on a piece of foil dusted with bee pollen ( optional ), spirulina or raw cacao powder, about 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch thick. Make a nice and tight package and put in the fridge for about an hour and slice in bars or squares. You can keep these in the fridge for about a week or freeze them.
- Bee pollen are a highly concentrated superfood. They contain a very high amount of protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Bee pollen are capable of reducing and reversing the effects of radiation and toxines on the body.
- Bee pollen have anti-bacterial properties and strengthen the immune system.