What a snack….these Walnut Hemp Protein Bars will keep you full and energized for a long time! They are chewy and yummy and also provide you with a good amount of plant based protein, healthy fats, lots of omega 3’s and also keep your blood sugar in check.
Recipe for 12 pieces of these walnut hemp protein bars,
- 1 cup hemp hearts, ground
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chia seeds, ground
- 2 El. spirulina powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder
- 1/8 tsp. Himalaya sea salt
- bee pollen, to roll the bars in, optional, not vegan, you can also use desiccated coconut or almond flour
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice, maple – or yacon syrup
Mix the dry ingredients. Same with the wet ingredients and fold both wet and dry together. Spread it on a piece of foil dusted with bee pollen ( optional ), spirulina or raw cacao powder, about 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch thick. Make a nice and tight package and put in the fridge for about an hour and slice in bars or squares. You can keep these in the fridge for up to a week or freeze them.
- Bee pollen are a highly concentrated superfood. They contain a very high amount of protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Bee pollen are capable of reducing and reversing the effects of radiation and toxines on the body.
- Bee pollen have anti-bacterial properties and strengthen the immune system.