This vegan egg salad is not only for Easter. The color, the texture and taste make this a lovely snack on any day. Great on crackers, toast, on a salad as a thick dressing, scooped up with tortilla chips or rolled up in a wrap. Soy free.
- ½ cup cashews, soaked for two hours
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. mild mustard
- 1 Tbsp. appel cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. rice- or maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- ½ tsp. himalaya salt, to taste
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- tiny bit of kala namak, black salt, this gives a sulphury, egg like taste to the salad, optional
Plus as a filling and texture,
- 2 celery sticks, diced very small
- ½ avocado diced small
- ¼ cup radishes or red bell pepper in small dices
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 2 spring onions or a small shallot, diced fine
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dill, chopped
The ingredients for the base of the salad go in a blender or food processor until nice and creamy. This is such a great sauce/dip/dressing on its own! Another great dressing is my Delicious Vegan Turmeric Mayo.
This delicious base can be mixed with the extra ingredients for texture and flavor. The vegan egg salad can go in the refrigerator to sit for an hour or so. This is one of the dishes we always tend to have on hand. Great for a snack attack or a quick meal!
Often these simple things like being able to grab something healthy when hungry or feeling like a snack that keep us on the right track and not hungry. I see being prepared as one of the most important facts to make a new healthy lifestyle successful. A little planning and preparing in advance can make your fridge and cupboard a wonderful source of abundance.
Happy Days 😀
You can save this recipe and pin the picture below to your Pinterest board!