Creamy and delicious, like a dessert, that is how I want to describe this Sweet Cacao Pumpkin Smoothie.
Ingredients for 1 creamy mood boosting smoothie bowl,
- 1 cup cold almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, I used oven baked in this recipe
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp. bee pollen, optional
- 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. maca powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- vanilla powder
- tiny pinch of himalaya sea salt
- top with mulberries and cacao nibs
How to get a smoothie thick and creamy without bananas? In case you don’t like them or don’t have any on hand.
I have a few tips and suggestions you could try to make your smoothie thick and creamy without bananas. I also use these techniques for savory smoothies or blended soups.
- A avocado makes everything creamy, including smoothies, so a great addition.
- Young coconut flesh is also a wonderful smoothie ingredient, makes it thick and creamy and also has a light sweet flavor.
- You can freeze your ingredients. Frozen almond milk and coconut water cubes make a smoothie thicker.
- Adding vegetable and nut purees like chestnut, pumpkin and sweet potato can be such a difference in your smoothie experience. Both sweet and savory work depending on your added flavorings. You can use raw or baked puree.
- Nut butters like almond- , coconut- and cashew make a smoothie richer and creamier. It also adds lots of vitamin E but also fat so don’t go crazy with it.
- Blend chia seeds along with the other ingredients and leave it in your glass to thicken up a bit. This usually takes about 20 minutes. Also works with flax. Lasting energy, lots of omega 3’s. Chia seeds are the dieters superfood! Also when working out, they are light and easy to digest, leave you fulfilled for a long period of time and are rich in nutrients. Lots of fiber, potassium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and protein. Chia seeds soak up 50 times their volume in liquids! So yes, they are filling!
- Frozen vegetables like spinach, kale and sweet peas are a great addition to a smoothie. Lots of fiber. Sweet peas also add, well, sweetness. The best is to freeze your own veggies. Store bought are not always meant to be eaten without heating it first.