Creamy and sweet.
Ingredients for 1 creamy mood boosting smoothie,
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, raw or baked, I used oven baked in this recipe
- 1 Tbsp. beenpollen, optional
- 1 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. maca
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- vanilla powder
- tiny pinch of himalaya sea salt
- top with mulberries and cacao nibs
How to get a smoothie thick and creamy without bananas? In case you don’t like them or don’t have any on hand.
I have a few tips and suggestions you could try to make your smoothie so smooth! I usually use these techniques for savory smoothies or blended soup like ones.
- A avocado makes everything creamy, including smoothies, so great addition
- Young coconut flesh is also a wonderful smoothie ingredient, makes it thick and creamy and also has a light sweet flavor.
- You can freeze your ingredients. Frozen almondmilk and coconut water cubes make a smoothie thicker.
- Adding vegetable and nut purees like chestnut, pumpkin and sweet potato can be such a difference in your smoothie experience. Both sweet and savory work depending on your added flavourings. You can use raw or baked puree. When using raw, it can be helpful to soak the chestnuts, pumkin or sweet potato overnight in water. This makes it easier to blend.t
- Nut butters like almond- , coconut- and cashew make a smoothie richer and creamier. It also adds lots of vitamin E but also fat so don’t go crazy with it.
- Blend chia seeds along with the other ingredients and leave it in your glass to thicken up a bit. This usualy takes about 20 minutes. Also works with flax. Lasting energy, lots of omega 3’s. Chia seeds are the dieters superfood! Also when working out, they are light and easy to digest, leave you fulfilled for a long period of time and are rich in nutrients. Lots of fiber, potassium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and protein. Chia seeds soak up 50 times their volume in liquids! So yes, they are filling!
- Frozen vegetables like spinach, kale and sweet peas are a great addition to a smoothie. Lots of fiber. Sweet peas also add, well, sweetness. The best is to freeze your own veggies. Store bought are not always meant to be eaten without heating it first.