Getting ready for our Easter High Tea with some recipe testing! I made a delicious raw Lime Coconut Pie, pretty easy to make like most raw desserts, just blend and pulse some stuff and assemble your pie.
Spring inspire me … lovely colors like yellow, pink and green … spring is in the air, green grass, blooming flowers and a radiant sun in the sky. Well, I hope this will be the case in a few days, today we are having a storm so I got my inspiration my beautiful yellow hyacinths, my fruit bowl filled with ripe avocados, lemons and limes.
Ingredients for a 24 cm / 9 inch pie are,
- 2 cups of cashews
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted or 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄8 tsp. pink salt
- 2 Hass avocados
- 1 cup cashews soaked for 4 hours, rinsed well plus 2 tbsp – 1/4 cup water to blend until smooth
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, this is different from coconut oil, butter is a whole food also containing the fiber
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup maple syrup, to taste
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence or powder
- 1 Tbsp. lime zest
- pinch of pink salt
- Coconut flakes and dehydrated lemon or lime slices for decorating, optional
For making the base you would need a food processor with an S-blade to make all the ingredients fine and into a coherent dough. It should stick when pressed together between your fingers, it too dry add some more dates or maple syrup. As soon as the dough is ready it can be pressed into a pie or any other baking dish of your choice, with a removable bottom or lined with plastic foil.
Add the soaked cashews and water to a high speed blender and blend until creamy. Add in the remaining ingredients and blend some more. This makes a great decadent pudding as is …
Spread the filling on the base and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. The pie will keep for 3 to 4 days, covered with foil or leftovers, if any, in a airtight container. It freezes well, just let it soften up for a few hours in the fridge.
12 slices / 324 cal. per slice
For more raw dessert check out my Raw Lemon Vanilla Cupcakes and Lemon Avocado Cupcakes!