For a special occasion like Eastern or to celebrate Spring I love to make these tiny raw Lemon Vanilla Cupcakes, so cute and tasty! They are raw and surprisingly yummy according to my “tester team”. Delicious to share or as an edible gift.
Ingredients for about 12 cupcakes, I like this size for this recipe, a muffin size can be too much of a good thing …
- 1 and 1/2 cup chopped and peeled apple
- 1 cups coconut flour
- 1/4 up coconut butter, softened
- 6 Tbsp. brown rice syrup or liquid sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder or essence
- pinch of pink salt
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 2 to 4 Tbspl. water or coconut water
- 2 to 4 Tbsp. lemon juice, to taste, I like it quite lemony
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. liquid sweetener if choice or some stevia drops to taste
- some dessicated coconut and some yellow flowers like dandelion or violets
Add the ingredients for the base to a food processor and pulse it until it makes a nice dough which sticks together between your fingers. Press the dough into 12 with plastic lined cupcake forms, flatten the top with a wet spoon.
Blend water and cashews until creamy. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse it shortly. Place it in the refrigerator to firm it up a bit, may be 1 hour, this will make it easier to handle.
After an hour of two the cupcakes can be removed from the molds and can be decorated with the lemon frosting. The frosting can be spread on the cupcakes with a knife or you can make them fancy by using a piping bag. Store in the fridge, these raw lemon vanilla cupcakes can also be frozen.
You could also try this Raw Lime Coconut Pie,