Ingredients for 2 sheets of raw cauliflower sushi,
- 2 cups cubed parsnip, cauliflower or jicama or a mix of these, jicama is a wonderful addition because it tastes a little sweet similar to sushi rice
- 1/2 tsp. pink salt
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. brown rice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. liquid sweetener of your choice, maple syrup will colour the rice darker, you can also use a dash stevia
- 2 nori sheats
Place the cubed veggies in a foodprocessor and puls until the texture resembles the size of cooked rice grains. Turn it over on a clean kitchen towel to remove excess moisture. Add flavorings and taste. It should be a little sweet, salty and sour at the same time.
The filling, choose from or use a bit of all,
- bell pepper
- sprouts, I used sunflower
- cucumber, without the seeds
- spring onion
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- wasabi and pickled ginger to serve
Slice the veggies thinly, leave the sprouts as they are.
The filling should be more than enough for 2 nori rolls. Place the sheet on a bamboo mat with the shiny side down. Place about 1/2 cup of the “rice” on the 1/3 part of the sheet closest to you leaving 1 inch clear at the bottom. Place some thinly sliced veggies in the middle of the rice, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Roll up firmly using the mat to make it tight.
Wet the top edge and seal it with a little water. Leave it for 5 minutes and cut 1 roll into 6 pieces. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
To dip, serve with some Braggs Aminos or Nama Shoyu. I mix 1/4 cup of braggs or tamari with 1 Tbsp. sweetener of your choice or stevia, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice and 2 Tbsp. water to make it lighter and less salty tasting.
The orange sauce on the plate is made of a cashew cream, blended soaked cashews with a little water, fresh ginger, a few pieces of a red bell pepper, 1 tsp. braggs aminos or tamari.
Once you rolled one, you get the hang of it and I’m sure you will be making raw cauliflower sushi often!
For more raw meals try my Raw Pressed Zucchini Lasagna and Raw Zucchini Spaghetti,