Menu for my Plant Based Weight Loss Day 6, just as the previous days nutrient dense, easy to prepare and around 1500 calories.
Your day starts off with a delicious Raspberry Turnip Greens / Spinach Smoothie, smoothies can be one of the fastest and most nutrient dense meals you can make on a healthy diet. For a morning snack crunchy fresh vegetables like baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, radishes and cucumber sticks are perfect. These provide you with fiber and nutrients.
Lunch on day 6 is one forth of this Creamy Chickpeas Avocado Salad that can be prepped upfront and travels well if you want to take it to work or school.
Can I eat nuts when trying to lose weight?
Regularly eating nuts as part of a healthy diet is not associated with weight gain, and may even help you lose weight. I wouldn’t want to miss out on all the important nutrients they add. Unlike with other plant based whole foods, with nuts and seeds it’s important to exercise portion control. Eating an ounce or around 30 grams or a handful of nuts per day is what you can aim for. I love adding nuts to my daily diet, they are rich in healthy fats but also a great source of important nutrients.
Almonds provide a good amount of vitamin E, an important anti-oxidant. A brazil nut per day has more than enough selenium, an essential mineral that must be obtained through your diet. Selenium is also an anti-oxidant and plays a major role in important processes in your body, including metabolism and thyroid function. Walnuts are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, essential fats that you must get from your diet. Omega-3 fatty acids are linked to reduced risk of inflammatory diseases and depression. All kinds of nuts and seeds have their benefits, walnuts and almonds are my favorite but I also love peanut butter, tahini and my daily chia or flax seeds.
Mushroom Stroganoff, dinner
Mushrooms have great health benefits. I used brown skinned crimini mushrooms in this recipe and served it on soy flour pasta to add protein and to keep it gluten free. You can replace it with your favorite ( GF ) pasta, chickpea pasta or lentil pasta’s are great but also delicious with brown rice or quinoa. Recipe Mushroom Stroganoff below …
Nutrition Facts Day 6
Your menu for Plant Based Weight Loss Day 6
You can find all the meal plans / menu’s HERE under Weight Loss
Keep up the good work!
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 11 oz / 300 grams mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 3/4 cup / 180 ml vegetable broth or water
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch or cornstarch
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes optional
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp parsley chopped
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- pinch of chili flakes, optional
- Saute the onion in a tbsp of broth for a few minutes until softened, add in garlic and saute further for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and stir-fry over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth, tamari and add the spices. Bring to a boil. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to the plant-based milk and stir to dissolve.
- Pour the milk mixture into the mushrooms pan and cook on low-medium heat until the sauce thickens. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Stir in the fresh chopped parsley.