Plenty of vegetables are used in this plant based weight loss day 4 meal plan. I try to add veggies to every meal of the day. In the morning this is often a smoothie or green juice, the easiest way to get those greens in at the start of the way.
You can of course switch up the meals of the plan if you crave something savory instead of sweet or if it fitst your schedule better. A bircher muesli is super easy to make, just mix the ingredients and set it in the fridge until the next day. The alkalizing cucumber shake is like a savory cold soup which is absolutely delicious and super quick to make.
These chickpea lentil pancakes are great when you have 30 minutes to prepare a fresh lunch during the day. You can prep the sauteed kale and mushrooms up front and if you have no time for the pancakes just stir in cooked chickpeas or beans to the kale and you have a complete meal with plenty of protein.
I often make a bunch of oven baked vegetables which I can add to all kinds of meals during the week. For this nights dinner I made a quinoa bowl, a vegan classic and a chia berry pudding for dessert. Also easy to prep.
I know it takes an effort to prepare foods up front for a couple of days but it is truly worth it. By prepping foods I find it so much easier to eat healthy. I prep foods, not complete meals, that makes making meals more versatile and I don’t eat the same every day. You can kind of repeat a meal plan like this day the next day to make it easier, just make more food at once.
Ingredients for 2 servings,
- 1 medium fennel bulb sliced
- 1 medium white onion, quartered
- 14 cherry tomatoes
- 300 grams butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper sliced
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 4 cups spinach, sauteed or freshly chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked navy / white beans
- 10 chopped almonds
Roast the vegetables in a preheated oven on 400F / 200C for about 20 minutes until tender and light golden, I always roast on these silicon non-stick reusable pba free baking mats. I sprinkle them with a little sea salt, usually no herbs because those tend to burn.
Mix all the ingredients in a small glass jar and shake well.
Arrange two bowls by dividing all the prepped foods in half. Sprinkle with the chopped almonds and drizzle with the dressing.
Your next day, Plant Based Weight Loss Day 5
Here you find all the meal plans / menu’s under Weight Loss
Nutrition Facts Day 4,
all nutrients covered, plenty of antioxidants to protect our cells and a good amount of alkalizing minerals. This is a whole food plant based meal plan which means a balance between protein, fats and carbs.
Menu of Plant Based Weight Loss Day 4
I’m sure you wont be hungry after this day! Hunger and craving sugar or unhealthy foods is not the same but I’m sure you know that.
There are a few things we can do to reduce cravings, especially in the initial period of a new way of eating. Here a few ideas I hope can help you out if needed,
- reduce stress … as it makes us crave comfort foods and promotes emotional eating
- drink plenty of water … thirst is often misread for hunger
- enough sleep … sleep deprivation can mess with the bodies hormone balance which makes losing weight difficult
- adequate amount of plant based protein and healthy fats keeps us satisfied and full for longer
- once in while enjoy some of the food you crave but if you are prone to binge eating it is better to replace the craving with new foods. Be patient with yourself though, making new pathways in the brain takes at least 30 days.
- replace cravings with healthier options, salty crispy with kale chips or oven baked potatoes, sweets with fruits, ice cream with fruit pops, black bean brownies or energy balls instead of cake and donuts, cheesiness by adding nutritional yeast to low fat dips and sauces like this white bean cheese sauce.