This plant based meal plan for weight loss #7 is another ON-day. Detox mode is ON. This day is about 1500 calories, it is nutrient dense and the meals are easy to make.
We start the day with plenty of fruit, delicious and celebrated for it’s cleansing properties. Fruit is light on the digestion, rich in nutrients, fiber and gives great energy.
On ON-days there is lot of raw food. The majority of the calories comes from fruit and starchy vegetables like potatoes, sweet potatoes and pumpkins. Fat and protein are lower. Lower fat helps the liver detox, lower protein encourages the body to recycle old damaged proteins.
Intermittent fasting enhances the natural proces of autophagy. This is when the body eats and recycles its own damaged cells and toxines.
Watermelon & Apple Almonds Banana Milk [ 390cal. ]
Summer is THE fruit season! Melons are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients, and are amazingly delicious when ripe.
Ripe watermelons are very alkaline. They are high in fiber and with a water content of 92%, watermelon is a great source of beta-carotene, lycopene, vitamin C and is super hydrating. It also works as a mild diuretic. Watermelons can be an important part of a detox or a liver cleanse program.
Have you tried watermelon with a passion fruit scooped on top? It is the perfect combination of sweet and tart. A ripe passion fruit is wrinkly and a bit shrunken on the outside.
Apple Almonds & Banana Milk [ 300cal. ]
- 1 medium apple, chopped in small cubes
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 7 almonds, chopped, great source of healthy fats and vitamin E
- 1 brazil nut, chopped, great source of selenium
Blend the almond milk, ice cubes and banana into a frothy milk. Pour over the chopped apple and sprinkle the almonds, brazil nut and cinnamon on top.
Lettuce Broccoli Salad & Hemp Celery Dressing [ 342cal. ]
Lunch is a generous bowl of fresh greens, onion, olives, steamed green peas and broccoli topped with a creamy, omega 3 rich hemp celery dressing.
Raw onion can be something important to get used to. All onions but raw especially may have anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and immune boosting benefits. These compounds are activated when chopped or chewed raw.
Lettuce Broccoli Salad
- 2 cups or more chopped greens
- 1,5 cup broccoli florets, steamed
- 3/4 cup green peas, steamed
- 4 green olives
- 1/2 red onion, sliced finely
I like to have steamed or oven baked vegetables in my fridge so I can easily make a quick salad when needed. You can add lukewarm or cold broccoli and peas to your salad. Add everything to a bowl and top with the hemp celery dressing.
Hemp Celery Dressing [ 138cal. ]
This is a delicious and quick dressing. A good dressing needs a fat, a salty component, a bulking agent to make it a little more body, something sour and something sweet for the right flavor balance.Jump to Recipe
Mashed Potatoes, Cauliflower Rice, Fresh Vegetables & Avocado [ 415cal. ]
Love meals like this, easy, filling and delicious.
- 2 medium potatoes with skin / 400 grams / 14oz. steamed or cooked until soft mashed with …
- 100 ml almond milk
- 1 cup cauliflower rice, sauteed in a few tbsp water, flavored with stock powder or sea salt, onion powder and may be garlic
- 1 cup chopped arugula
- 1/2 finely chopped onion or spring onion
- 6 medium radishes, grated or sliced
- lemon juice
- 1/ 3 of a ripe avocado
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- you can add a little hot sauce on top, optional
- a handful cherry tomatoes or sliced cucumber, or both, cucumber is very low in calories, hydrating and especially good tasting during Summer
- 3 medjool dates, pitted and each filled with a whole almond
- 1 cup grapes, grapes are delicious frozen!
Click HERE for all the FREE Meal Plans
Plant based meal plan for weight loss #7 Menu
Hemp Celery Dressing
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 2 soft dates or 1 medjool date
- 1/2 tsp mild mustard
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup water
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Blend all the ingredients in a small blender until creamy. Store in a small glass jar.