Today is another OFF-Day on this Plant Based Meal Plan for Weight Loss #4. OFF-day means no intermittent fasting, more protein and an option for added grains. Read HERE more on the ON/OFF Diet.
Crunchy Fat Free Granola & toppings [ 479cal. ]
Breakfast is a crunchy, oven baked fat free granola. Sweetened with fruit. Served with an unsweetened plant based milk of your choice, topped with a sliced medium banana and one tbsp maple syrup.
I love this granola recipe, it is super easy and makes enough for 6 portions, you can of course double the amount. I also like to snack on this or add it as a topping to smoothie bowls or banana ice cream. Recipe below.
Lunch is a classic soup.
A bowl of hot soup is something I always look forward too. This tomato soup is creamy and thick with lots of vegetables blended in. I also added 1/2 cup of white beans to the original recipe for some plant based protein. Serving it with 2 slices of toasted whole grain gluten free bread.
Creamy Tomato Soup with Beans & 2 slices wholegrain bread [ 210cal. & 190cal ]
Recipe for 6 portions tomato soup,
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 150 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups of organic tomato juice
- 3 cups of water or broth
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- bouillon powder and sea salt to taste
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked white beans per portion to serve
Saute the onion, add in all the other ingredients except the tomatoes, tomato juice and water or broth and beans. Saute for a few more minutes to let the veggies caramelize. Add in the water. the tomatoes and juice. Flavor to taste with salt, pepper, coconut sugar and bouillon powder. Cook for about 20 minutes until everything is soft.
Blend in two portions and serve hot. Add 1/2 cup cooked white beans per portion for plant based protein and serve it with 2 slices toasted gluten free bread.
Cauliflower Pizza Marinara, green salad & broccoli [ 322cal. ]
Dinner on this plant based meal plan for weight loss #4 is a cauliflower pizza, one of my favorite foods!
For this meal plan I calculated 1/2 of the pizza, a big green salad and a cup of steamed broccoli. Salad and broccoli don’t need to be measured, I add measurements to make sure you get enough of these healthy foods in your system.
I followed my cauliflower pizza dough recipe and topped it with 1 cup of marinara saus. You can find the easy oil free marinara recipe I use below.
The pizza base is super easy to make, you can prep a few on a weekend and freeze it to make life easier. There are also ready made cauliflower pizza crusts you can by like this one which is also gluten and grain free. This cauliflower pizza has to be eaten with utensils, it doesn’t have the same structure as a flour based one does.
Snacks [ 350cal. ]
fruit is an easy and delicious snack. Today you can choose 2 pieces of fruit, I included an apple and a cup of blueberries. You can snack on cucumber slices, radishes and a small handful of almonds for a crunch and drink herbal tea throughout the day.
Daily B12, also important when yo are not 100% plant based.
If you have questions you can put them in the comments below,
ps. to save this meal plan pin the picture below to your Pinterest board
Crunchy Oven Baked Granola [ fat & sugar free ]
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 cup old fashioned oats gluten free
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas, blended
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or essence
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- Mix all the ingredients well in a large bowl.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven on 325/160 for about 15 – 20 minutes. Take it out and turn it around without breaking it up too much. Bake for another 5 – 10 minutes, 25 in total, until golden and crispy edges.
- Let it cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Easy Oil Free Marinara Sauce
- 1 can low-sodium crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp sea salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large pot, crush the tomatoes some with a fork, bring o a boil and simmer over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and adust the seasonings to taste.