This Oat Almond Cake is such a great snack, breakfast or lunchbox filer! The oatmeal and quinoa are rich in complex carbs which provide you with great nutrients, endurance and regulate your blood sugar.
This recipe makes 12 pieces and has 154 calories and 4,5 grams protein per serving. It is a good source of B2, vitamin E and K, manganese, zinc and also 44% pof the daily needed omega 3 for the day.
The dry ingredients for this delicious Oat Almond Cake are,
- 1 cup oat flour, you can blend oatmeal to make your own oat flour, also available gluten free
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour, it can be substituted for buckwheat or another gf flour of your choice, quinoa flour adds good quality plant based protein to the cake
- 1 cup oatmeal, possible gluten free
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder, aluminium free
- 1 tsp. baking soda and a pinch of pink salt
- 1/4 cup almond shavings
- 1/2 cup apple sauce without sugar, you can just lend or grate one apple
- 1 cup very finely grated zucchini, peeled, a full cup
- 1/2 cup almond milk plus 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, mix and let it sit for 10 minutes
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds plus 6 Tbsp. water, stir and let it thicken up for 15 minutes, it will become gel-like
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup or maple syrup, to taste, you can add a bit of stevia if you prefer it sweeter
- two apples, sliced and arranged on the top of the cake
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar mixed with a little cinnamon to dust it before baking
preheat the oven to 180C / 350F
Mix the dry ingredients, same for the wet ingredients in a different bowl and add it to the dry ones. Do not stir too much.
Pour the dough in an oiled or lined baking tin, about 10 inches wide and long and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Ready when a toothpick comes out dry in the middle of the cake. Let it cool for 10 minutes in the tin and further on a rack.
No one will guess that this cake is actually not bad for your health. It is tasty, nutritious and yummy! For more healthy gluten free baking check out my Pumpkin Oat Granola Squares and Blueberry Oat Crumble Squares.
I hope you give it a try!