To finish the “kale theme”, I’ve got three recipes, two kale smoothies and soup, so you can enjoy kale more often!
Here a few more reasons to win you over,
- We know that kale is a powerhouse vegetable as it is, but also great to use in smoothies and juices!
- Usually not expensive.
- By adding it to your smoothies or juices you release all the nutrients and make them easy to absorb by the body. Rich in iron, fiber, folate, vit.A & C., anti-oxidants, magnesium, chlorophyl, enzymes and calcium. Kale has a quite riged structure so blending it brakes down the cells and makes it easy for your body, thats a good thing ;-)!, it leaves you with energy to enjoy other activities or to cleans and heal!
- Kale works anti-inflammatory and thanks to the fosfor and fibre kale works detoxifying for the liver and intestines.
- 2 cups of green smoothies a day provides the body with sufficient leafy greens, you can always go for more.
- A smoothie can be a complete meal and given a extra boost by adding superfoods.
- Kale works great in a sweet or in a savory tasting smoothie or soup, so you can experiment to find your favorite combination!
- 1 cup coconut water, worth trying, makes a smoothie so good and adds great nutrients
- 1 pear, frozen for a thicker smoothie
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- little piece of ginger, optional
- BIG handful of kale
- 1 tsp. bee pollen, optional
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla powder, extract or a piece of vanilla bean
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
Carob Sweet Delight Smoothie
Mmmmmm…., this one is a favorite! Carob powder is a great substitute for raw cacao, they also work great together though! It is sweeter then cacao powder and has a light caramel taste. Carob got some great qualities like a high calcium and magnesium content, Vit.A, B2 and B3, minerals like potassium, phosphorus, iron, copper and nickel, amino acids and protein. Here you can use just carob or a mix with raw cacao powder.
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- big handful of kale
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 Tbsp. carob powder or half/half with raw cacao
- 1 Tbsp. mesquite powder, it has a delicious caramel-like taste
- 1 Tbsp. goji berries
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla powder or extract
- 1 cup coconut water
Kale combines great with avocado, what doesn’t!? Greens powder adds nutrients, chlorophyl, anti-oxidants, vitamines and hemp seeds give you perfect plantbased protein, good fats and amino acids your body needs.
For this soup you will be needing,
- 1 cup of water
- cup chopped kale
- 1/2 avocado
- handful of parsley
- 1 Tbsp. greens powder
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast, not raw but provides you with the whole b-complex and a savory taste
- 1 carrot
- 1 Tbsp. greens powder
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- piece of ginger
- 4 inches of a cucumber
- himalayan salt and pepper, optional
Another way to serve it, The Double Kale Power Soup, with crumbs of oil free kale chips for a crunchy and savory addition. More green 😉
What is your favorite way to eat kale?