Turmeric is one of my favorite spices, fresh or as a beautiful yellow powder you can get at an Asian market or health food store. The fresh turmeric root can be juiced along with other veggies or grated like ginger. Besides its great color it has a mild peppery taste and a long list of health benefits. I am using turmeric in this delicious Vegan Turmeric Mayo and a Turmeric Shake.
- 2 cups fresh almond milk or plant based milk of your choice
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- a dash of nutmeg or a few cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- a little pinch of sea salt or Himalayan salt, optional
- sweetener of choice, this can be a date or honey, optional
- black pepper to garnish
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. turmeric powder
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste to activate the turmerics benefits even more
- 1 celery stick cut in fine pieces
- 1/2 cup of water, more if needed
- garnished with fresh cilantro
Here used as a sauce on a wrap of chard, filled with cucumber, kohlrabi ( can also be cauliflower ), cilantro, tomato, anything you prefer, topped with the turmeric mayo.
Wraps are great, easy to make and wonderful as a snack or lunch on the go!
Njoy and have a great day!
Let me know how you prefer to use this great spice!