I do love hot soups but there is nothing quicker to prepare than a blended raw soup like this Creamy Raw Curry Soup. When in a time crunch and feeling like a more savory meal I love to make raw soups.
These soups take literally 5 minutes and you can heat them up a bit if you want, either in a high speed blender or on the stove. In the summer I mostly go for green smoothies for a quick meal, in the winter not so in to icy drinks and a warm sweet smoothie is just not right.
I could just drink it as is but I like to add some crunchies to it to make me enjoy it at a slower pace. Not gulping it down …. I added some diced bell pepper, sunflower sprouts, love those, black pepper, hot sauce and some avocado. You can find the printable recipe on the bottom of this post.
Due to blending the tahini with lemon makes the soup creamy and thicker. You could use avocado instead of the tahini but the color of the soup wont be the same. I do like this light, clear soft orange tint. I also added chopped, peeled zucchini for some bulk and thickness. Zucchini has a very neutral flavor so it can even be added to sweet dishes.
I used a Thai green curry spice mix to flavor it, this had lemon grass, garlic, cumin, laos, parsley, onion, green pepper, chili and paprika in it. Yo can use any blend you like or just plane curry powder.
This creamy raw curry soup is lighter and not green for a change, made with carrot juice, tahini, plant based milk and herbs. It can be a light meal with a sandwich or a starter.
ps. If you like this recipe yo can save the picture below to your Pinterest board!
Creamy Raw Curry Soup
- 1 medium tomato, de-seeded en cubed
- 1 cup fresh carrot juice
- 1 and 1/2 cup plant based milk, unsweetened, I used soy
- 1 cup cubed peeled zucchini
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp curry powder or blend
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 inch fresh ginger to juice with the carrots or 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- chili powder to taste
- 1/2 avocado, sliced as a topping
- sprouts, chopped bell pepper, cilantro, hot sauce as topping
- Make fresh carrot juice with ginger or use store bought.
- Blend all the ingredients except the ones to be used as topping until creamy and fluffy.
- Serve immediately, add toppings to your liking.