The meals of this Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan Day 6 are filling, delicious, nutrient dense comfort foods. From breakfast to dinner, including snacks, you wont be hungry or feel deprived.
This days major inflammation lowering ingredients are,
red onion, walnuts, green tea, fresh basil, chia seeds, cherries, egg plant, blueberries, spinach, kale, cacao powder, ginger, red pepper and garlic.
Buckwheat Sweet Potato Porridge with Apricots and Walnuts [ 280 cal. ]Jump to Recipe
Buckwheat and quinoa flakes are a great alternative for oats, both gluten free and a seed, not a grain. For some a pseudo grain like those are easier on the digestion. Dried apricots are rich in magnesium, calcium, iron, fiber and vitamins A, C and E. It is important to buy un-sulfured, preferably organic apricots. Soft fruits soak up pesticides more then ones with a tougher skin.
Three Bean Salad & Pesto [ 340 cal. ]Jump to Recipe
Beans are rich in nutrients, they are one of the staple foods of the longest living populations on earth.
Oil Free Zucchini Pesto
Spicy Soba Noodle Salad & Sweet and Sour Dressing [ 435 cal. ]
The snacks of the day are a bit complexer then other days. The Chia Blueberry Cups are delicious, fun and easy to make. When time challenged you can throw 1/10th of the ingredients, blueberries, almonds, chia and dates, in with your Chocolate Cherry Smoothie or eat them as is. I replaced blueberries with cherries in this recipe and half of the spinach with arugula which does have a stronger flavor. Bitter greens mean cleansing for the liver. I added barley grass and cacao powder, you can do all the add-ins in the original recipe if you want.
I like to add barley grass powder to my smoothie, it has a mild taste and one portion delivers 13% of my daily calcium and 11% of my iron.
Simplicity is key, do it the way it’s the easiest for you and go from there. Easy means sticking to it long enough until it becomes a habit.
Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan Day 7
Click HERE for all the FREE Meal Plans
Read HERE about the importance of B12 supplementation, or check out my favorite vegan B12 spray,
Nutrient Information Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan Day 6
To save the recipes and meal plan you can pin the picture below to your Pinterest board,
Buckwheat Sweet Potato Porridge
- 1 cup buckwheat flakes or 1/2 cup buckwheat groats for more texture 80 g
- 2 cups plant milk of your choice I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup water, or more to get the right consistency
- 1 medium baked or cooked sweet potato cubed after cooking
- 8 half walnuts
- 6 dried apricots sliced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup, optional you can also use coconut sugar or stevia or none
- Add the buckwheat flakes, the sliced apricots and the almond milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until it thickens, stirring frequently. Add more milk if needed.
- Gently fold in the sweet potato cubes, you can reserve a few for serving.
- Serve with the walnuts and maple syrup on top and a splash of almond milk if desired.
In the recipe you can use water instead of the almond milk, the milk makes it creamier.
Three Bean Salad & Pesto [ no oil ]
- 1 cup cooked / rinsed chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked / rinsed cannellini beans
- 1 cup cooked / rinsed black beans
- 1 large carrot, grated, chopped finely or spiralized
- 1 medium celery stalk, chopped
- 6 cups baby lettuce leaves 150 gram
- 2 green onions, the white part, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup cubed zucchini
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 small lemon / 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp cashews
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 – 4 tbsp water, as needed
- Add the ingredients for the salad except the lettuce to a bowl. Mix with two salad forks.
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing, except the water, to a small blender or food processor. Pulse for 10-20 times to combine. Add the water as needed, keep pulsing until you've reached desired consistency.
- Scoop the dressing on the beans and mix to get the pesto evenly distributed on the vegetables and beans.
- Place the lettuce on the bottom of a large plate and scoop the bean mixture on top.