There is no better time to do a body alkalizing spring detox then when the summer is almost here! Getting ready to feel and look GOOD! Today we focus on cleaning our bodies from the inside through delicious juices, soups, salads and fruit.
There are a lot of different ways to do a detox.
- You can for starters follow an alkalizing, wholefoods, high raw diet loaded with juices, smoothies, soups, salads supplemented with some healthy fats and plant based protein.
- Or just do green juice for a few days.
- Try intermittent fasting where where you eat all your calories in a smaller window of time like let’s say in 8 or 6 hours. This would mean eating between 12AM till 6PM or from 10AM till 6PM. This gives the body lots of time to do repair and cleaning. I follow this way of eating and it is very energizing.
- You can detox one day per week to keep everything clean and running smooth, for example every Sunday.
- Or a few times per week keeping everything liquid, green and alkalizing until lunchtime.
- You can also do a total body detox a few times a year like at the beginning of each season. Like NOW! This can be 3, 5 , 7 or 10 days depending on your health and weight goals and experience with detoxing.
It is just wonderful to clean up our food and habits. Getting rid of all the junk. Going pure, lots of alkalizing, green, organic and raw. It is important to keep our detoxing organs clean and strong so they can keep doing all the work to keep us healthy, vital and full of energy.
Symptoms of too much toxins in the body,
- Tiredness and no energy
- Weight gain
- Not being able to lose the excess weight
- Problems with the stomach or intestines
- Cellulite! Body fat and tissues is where all the toxins go to keep us safe! You wont be able to lose weight until you clean up your diet and detox.
- Bad nights sleep
- Trouble with seeing
- Premature aging
- Acid re flux
- Emotional and mental turmoil
A good detox needs preparation. It is better to prepare the body before the actual detox to make the detox symptoms less severe and easier to handle. Side effects of detoxing varies per person depending on your health and the amount of toxins in your body.
It is sensible to stop drinking coffee, alcohol, consuming too much sugar, simple carbs like white flour, white rice, refined and prepackaged food. Eating a little less is also advisable. Not eating until you are totally stuffed but stopping at fulfilled. Add lots of veggies, raw greens and a little fruit. This way you are preparing your body to a great and successful detox.
Preparing mentally is also an important step. Also knowing WHY you are doing this! This will surely come handy when you are having a less than easy day. Finishing the detox in the right way is just as important as the start of the detox. It is important to ease back into eating solids and if you can, keep it pure and raw as long as it feels good.
Here I have a sample detox day for you,
- Always start with lukewarm/warm water with lemon juice, preferably 2 to 4 cups. This is great to hydrate the body and to wake up the liver! This will give your liver a jolt and it will start dumping the accumulated toxins. The body detoxes during the night so the liver is working hard to clean the mess up. This is a great way to help along.
- Breakfast, 8 to 16 ounces of green juice, with a little or no fruit
- 10 AM, 8 to 16 ounces of green juice or fresh fruit to taste
- Lunch / 1 PM, 8 to 16 ounces of green juice, make sure you use lots of different kinds of greens to get the best effects or enjoy a big green salad with tomatoes, cucumber, may be some avocado. Fat slows down the detox, if your symptoms are hard to handle add some avocado to lessen them.
- 4 PM, a liver detoxing juice made of beets, carrots and cucumber or fresh fruit
- Diner / 7 PM, a green smoothie or a blended raw soup
Keep drinking enough water. Also some detox tea can be added. Do not mix water with your juices. Always wait half an hour before and after a juice to keep those enzymes undiluted. I don’t add much fruit to my green juices, usually an apple or a piece of pineapple. If you are trying to lose weight during a detox I would suggest not to drink high fruit smoothies. Just eat the fruit, as much as you like. It is way too easy to get more calories in then you need if you blend it all up in a delicious shake. Sweet fruit smoothies are great if you are looking to gain weight or need the calories to fuel your activities.
It is important to keep most of your greens and veggies organic during a detox. The amount of toxins is just to much when using conventionally grown produce. That would make your efforts diminish. I love Kuvings my juicer and have been using this brand for a few years now. It has a wide opening which makes juicing easier and faster, a great investment.
You can read here all about the importance of drinking enough water.
- Cleaner and better working organs which leads to better overall health, reduced inflammation
- Weight loss
- Mental clarity
- Less wrinkles and a better, radiant skin
- Energy, and more energy!
- A boost for your immune system
- Overcoming diseases and disorders
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower cholesterol
- A needed break for your stomach & intestines
I have a wonderful green detox smoothie recipe for you to try!
My Savory Green Detox Smoothie,
The ingredients are,
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 avocado, optional
- 1 cup coconut water or almond milk
- handful of romaine lettuce or spinach
- small handful of fresh mint
- 1 to 2 tsp. green powder of choice, optional
- a handful of ice cubes to make it thicker
And a delicious blended soup ….
Tomato Cream Soup,
- ½ avocado
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- handful of fresh herbs such as basil
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt, optional or some dulse flakes
In the blender until a creamy delicious soup is created and enjoy! If you need some detoxing help join my 10 Day Online Detox, an online program, also very suitable for first timers. No hunger, lots of delicious, easy to prepare meal.
Read more HERE about the 10 Day Online Detox … or you can click HERE to see another day of raw vegan detox with recipes!
Have a great day,