Spring is in the air and there is no better time to detox and to boost your health and energy with beautiful, pure fresh produce!
- Smoothies are easy to make and just delicious, you can make them sweet or more savory. Add greens for nutrients, herbs like cilantro and parsley for a more detoxifying effect. Chia seeds for omega 3.
Green juices are like liquide sunshine, loaded with chlorophyl, vitamins, minerals and living enzymes to give your body a boost of energy! One or two juices a day provide your body with all the nutrition it needs and more.
- Nuts and seeds are an easy snack just mind the portion sizes. The are rich in fat, protein and nutrients to provide you with energy and to keep you satisfied for a long time. A zip lock bag with a blend of almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, goji berries, mulberries is easy to take along so you never need to snack on something less then perfect for your body!
- Hummus is a great condiment to have in the fridge! Made of chickpeas, zucchini or almost any vegetable of your choice you can whip up a nut free hummus in a few minutes. Hummus makes a perfect snack, you can use it as a dip for raw veggies like carrots, cucumber or celery. Alkalizing and nourishing, a perfect snack!
Here is my recipe for a Green hummus with Zucchini
the ingredients are,
- 1 zucchini, with peel if organic
- 1 cup rinsed chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast, optional
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup parsley or cilantro, very detoxifying for the liver
- himalaya oor see salt, to taste
- black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, optional
- All the ingredients in a food processor or blender until desired consistency.
- Alkalizing raw soups are just like green smoothies but without the fruit and may be a little thicker. To make them more filling and nutritious I always add 1 Tbsp. of flax, sesame seeds or sunflowerseeds. A creamy raw soup nourishes and balances the body.
- Vegetable Wraps are lovely and easy to prepare in advance. Salad leaves, bok choy or nori sheets filled with sprouts, vegetables, quinoa, a nut cheese or dip make a perfect meal or snack.
- Celery and almond butter, a great combo! Almonds and celery are both alkalizing and loaded with nutrients.
- A green salade on the go, colorful like the rainbow! Add a nice dressing, some seeds or nuts, ready to go!
- Fruit is a perfect snack, the most convenient snack!
I hope I have been able to show you how easy it is to snack for pure energy!