Sometimes it can be quite a challenge to eat the way you intend to in the middle of a hunger or snack attack. I have a list of alkaline foods to curb those cravings for you. It is a collection of alkalizing foods, they are easy to prepare, pure and healthy. Easy whole food plant based ideas for on the go, work or before a workout.
Healthy nutrient dense foods feed your body the right way. This can relieve cravings because it is not “starving” for nutrients, often the reason for insatiable hunger.
- A green smoothie, alkalizing, Quick and easy to prepare and to take with you on the go. A combination of fruits and greens give you energy and nutrients the body needs, a satisfying combination.
- Green juices are like liquide sunshine. They are loaded with chlorophyll, vitamins, minerals and living enzymes to give your body a boost of energy. One generous green juice a day provides your body with all the nutrition it needs and more.
- Nuts and seeds are a source of good fats, protein and nutrients to provide you with energy and to keep you satisfied for a long time. A zip lock bag with a blend of almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, goji berries and dried mulberries is easy to take along so you never need to snack on something less then perfect for your body.
- Hummus is a great condiment to have in the fridge. Made of chickpeas, zucchini or almost any vegetable of your choice you can whip up an oil free hummus in a few minutes. Hummus makes a perfect snack, you can use it as a dip for raw veggies like carrots, cucumber or celery. Alkalizing and nourishing, a perfect combination.
Here is my recipe for a green hummus with zucchini and sesame seeds.
the ingredients are,
- 1/2 zucchini, with peel if organic
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast, optional
- 2 – 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup parsley, basil or cilantro, very detoxifying for the liver
- Himalaya or see salt, to taste
- black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, optional
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse until desired consistency.
- Alkalizing raw soups are just like green smoothies but without the fruit and may be a little thicker. To make them more filling and nutritious I always add 1 Tbsp. of flax, sesame seeds or some avocado. A creamy raw soup nourishes and balances the body.
- Vegetable Wraps are lovely and easy to prepare in advance. Salade leaves, bok choy or nori sheets filled with sprouts, vegetables, quinoa, avocado or a dip make a perfect meal or snack.
- Energy bars or raw sweets like this carrot cake are a source of protein and healthy fats, both needed to feel full and energized for a longer period. Great as a snack during long working hours, a long beach walk or before a workout.
- Celery or apples and almond butter, a great combo. Almonds, apples and celery are alkalizing and loaded with nutrients.
- A green salade on the go, colorful like the rainbow! Add a nice dressing, some seeds or nuts, ready to go!
- A piece of fruit is always a great, delicious, easy snack.
- Oil free sweet potatoes fries are one of my favorite snacks, these can be oven baked or prepared in an air fryer.
- Mild alkaline grains like millet, quinoa, amaranth can be used in baked goods like bread, muffins and cakes.
If you add these snacks to your daily diet you can curb those cravings, be the boss over your snack attacks and give your energy and health a super boost.
I hope that I have been able to show you how easy it is to eat for pure energy,